January 20 – Inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States.
Watch Barack Obama Inauguration Live Streaming Online on 20th January as the 44th President of the United States of America. Thank you all for making a simpleton called Barack Hussein Obama the president of your country. America, more than ever before, has its tryst with freedom written like the leitmotif of its existence. We know that we are in depths of an economic slowdown. We know our diplomatic foothold has been weakened by highly forgettable lapses. There is a lot which needs to be redeemed in terms of stabilizing the service sector and mass unrest amidst a Wall Street collapse is at its pinnacle.
But there is just so much we can fight for. There is so much we have to live for, look forward to. I reiterate, all of you have to give a part of your skin for the higher cause of nation. Each one of you has to somehow bring forth your highest house of production.
If the great Lincoln could bring the seeds of liberty from Philadelphia amidst the echoes of civil war some 150 years ago, we can cumulative do a Lincoln and re-germinate that seed. May be its not about political freedom anymore. The script has changed to graver financial concerns
Standing at the epochal Martin Luther king Mall, I feel humbled, pleasantly feeling the unbearable lightness of carrying over a million hopes. I stand graced and at the same time have my eyes moistened by your reception today. Down the years, I would only feel more strongly how all of you stood by me and my pledge.
It’s the time to redeem those pledges. In part, it’s a time for redeeming ourselves. Let emancipation come and take us to light. A beautiful place shall America breathe in again- full of liberty, full of fraternity and so very full of hope.
Watch President Barack Obama’s Inauguration 2009 Online using the Live Stream provided by uStream below;
Watch Barack Obama Inauguration Live Stream Online Video
Barack Obama Inauguration Schedule
(Courtesy: By The Associated Press )
A schedule of some official and unofficial activities surrounding Barack Obama’s inauguration on Jan. 20;
MONDAY, JAN. 19
- National Day of Community Service event: To honor Dr. King’s legacy, Obama, Biden and their families, joined by Americans across the country, participate in activities dedicated to serving others in communities across the Washington, D.C. area.
- Black Tie & Boots Inaugural Ball, sponsored by the Texas State Society, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
- Green Inaugural Ball at the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture. Ball hosted by former Vice President Al Gore.
- Huffington Post preinaugural ball at the Newseum.
- Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball at the Harman Center for the Arts. Hosted by the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network, Russell Simmons, LL Cool J, among others.
- A children’s evening concert at the Verizon Center honoring military families. Event hosted by Michelle Obama, who will attend. Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers are among the entertainers. 7 p.m. EST
- Obama to attend three private dinners to honor former secretary of State Colin Powell, Biden and Sen. John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, for their public service. Dinners at the Hilton Washington, National Building Museum and Union Station.
TUESDAY, JAN. 20 (INAUGURATION OBAMA DAY)
Gates to the Inaugural Ceremony open at 8 a.m. EST. The inaugural festivities are scheduled to start at 10 a.m. on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol. They will include:
- Musical selections of The United States Marine Band, followed by the San Francisco Boys Chorus and the San Francisco Girls Chorus.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein provides call to order and welcoming remarks.
- Invocation by the Rev. Rick Warren.
- Musical selection of Aretha Franklin.
- Biden will be sworn into office by Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
- Musical selection of John Williams, composer/arranger with Itzhak Perlman, (violin), Yo-Yo Ma (cello), Gabriela Montero (piano) and Anthony McGill (clarinet).
- Obama will take the Oath of Office, using President Lincoln’s Inaugural Bible, administered by Chief Justice John Roberts. Scheduled around noon.
- Obama gives the inaugural address.
- Poem by Elizabeth Alexander.
- Benediction by Rev. Joseph E. Lowery.
- The National Anthem by The United States Navy Band “Sea Chanters.”
After Obama gives inaugural address, he will escort outgoing President George W. Bush to a departure ceremony before attending a luncheon in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall.
The 56th Inaugural Parade will then make its way down Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House.
Later that day, the Presidential Inaugural Committee will host 10 official inaugural balls;
- Neighborhood Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Obama Home States (Illinois and Hawaii) Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Biden Home States (Pennsylvania and Delaware) Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Midwest Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Mid-Atlantic Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Western Inaugural Ball at the Washington Convention Center.
- Commander in Chief’s Ball at the National Building Museum.
- Southern Inaugural Ball at the National Guard Armory.
- Eastern Inaugural Ball at Union Station.
- Youth Inaugural Ball at the Washington Hilton.
Unofficial balls include:
- Congressional Black Caucus Inaugural Ball at the Capitol Hilton.
- Creative Coalition Inaugural Ball at the Harman Center for the Arts.
- Recording Industry Association of America’s ball for Feeding America.
- BET’s Inaugural Ball at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
- Africa on the Potomac inaugural celebration at Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va.
- American Music Inaugural Ball at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
- Inaugural Purple Ball at the Fairmont Hotel.
- Human Rights Campaign’s Equality Ball at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel.
- Inaugural Peace Ball at the Smithsonian National Postal Museum.
- Impact Film Fund ball.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 21
- The president, vice president and their families will participate in a prayer service at the Washington National Cathedral.
Also Check Obama’s Cabinet